I offer full spectrum support for those considering, expecting, postpartum, and parenting. I provide labor support for expectants in Hawaii and New York (August-October).
I am currently booking for 2019.
Give me a call at 347-927-2855 to schedule a time to talk and find out if we’re a good fit. For support in a group setting, I invite you to join my Mothercircle, where you can learn more about my approach to holistic motherbaby care.
How to work with me
We’ll spend 30-45 minutes discussing your desires and goals for your pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. It is recommended that you meet with at least two other doulas before choosing your birth partner. Should we decide to work together, you’ll return the signed agreement within two weeks along with your deposit or payment in full. You’ll then enroll in the Childbirth Education and Preparation course of your choosing (if you haven’t already) and our sessions will commence shortly after.
- Childbirth Education and Preparation
As your birth partner, my desire is for you to have the most informed and prepared pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum, no matter your preferences or outcome. My clients are rencouraged to complete a childbirth education and preparation course as a condition of working with me. I recommend Birthing Better or Pain to Power Childbirth, and you are also welcome to choose the course that most resonates with you.
- Motherbaby Wellness, Childbirth, and Postpartum Support — 6 Months
Education, guidance, and support includes 2 sessions a month (a combination of private, group, in-person and/or virtual), on-call for weeks 36-41, and 40 hours of postpartum support for the first three months after giving birth. Also includes one year’s membership to the Motherworthlove Mothercircle.
- Why 6 months?
A lot of newborn parents are sent home or left at home with a newborn and little idea of what’s to come. The Doula in Paradise Motherbaby Wellness model goes beyond basic doula support to provide continuity of care, guidance, and resources as you transition into life with a newborn and parenting.
- During our time together, we will:
- Establish your preferences for birth and postpartum
- Consult with a financial planner to learn about ways to save money, insurance products, and recoup lost income during parental leave
- Learn which foods and supplements will best meet your nutrition needs and help with any symptoms that may arise
- Integrate physical activity into your daily routine
- Spend time with other parents to build strong networks of support
- Practice comfort measures and coping techniques we will use during labor and childbirth
- Prepare your home environment for life with a newborn
- Address any issues that may affect your birth and postpartum preferences
- Figure out the best ways to handle well-meaning and/or difficult parents, relatives, and friends
- Plan for additional support such as child and pet care, meal planning, housekeeping, errands, and other day-to-day needs
- Explore new ways to connect with your partner (if you have one) on an intimate level
- Meet with my backup doula(s) so that you can become comfortable with them in the event I am unable to attend your birth
- Build an extended team of professional support, including but not limited to wellness practitioners (yoga, massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic, etc) perinatal mental health, lactation specialists, and others as deemed necessary
- Payment Terms
A deposit of $600 is due within 10 days of our consultation to hold your birthdate, with the balance of your investment due on or before you give birth. Pay in full and save 20%.
- Why 6 months?
- Basic Childbirth & Postpartum
You will receive comprehensive, non-medical professional, emotional, and physical support as you prepare for childbirth and postpartum, which includes
- 3 prenatal sessions (which covers the topics shared above)
- on call for weeks 36-41
- 3, four-hour postpartum visits
- support as needed via phone and email
- 12 months’ membership to the Motherworthlove Mothercircle
- Payment Terms
A deposit of $250 is due within 10 days of our consultation to hold your birthdate, with the balance of your investment due on or before you give birth. Pay in full and save 15%.
- Virtual Doula Support
- 3 prenatal sessions via phone or video conference
- email support between sessions
- labor support via phone or video conference
- 12 months’s membership to the Motherworthlove Mothercircle
- Community Birth Support
Small group support – click here for more information
Ready to get started? Give me a call at 347-927-2855 to schedule a time to meet in person or via video conferencing.
Refunds are not given. As a health coach and full spectrum doula, I am trained to support whatever outcome you experience.