Doulas facilitate informed decision making and self-advocacy through nonmedical emotional and physical support, childbirth education and preparation, and continuity of care throughout pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
Whether you are going the assisted route or want to take an holistic approach to fertility, I hold non-judgmental space to help you sort out your options and process the experience.
Support is offered virtually and in person in Hawaii.
The investment to work with me is $250 a month for two sessions a month. An additional investment of $1,000 for labor support includes one childbirth preparation session to establish birth preferences and learn comfort measures, continuous support via email and text, on-call labor support for weeks 36-41, and one in-home postpartum visit.
Enrolling in a childbirth education course is a requirement of booking labor support. I recommend the online courses Pleasurable Birth Essentials, Birthing Better, or Hypnobirthing (in-person on Oahu).
Add-ons such as massage, movement, and additional sessions are available at a special rate.
To get started, give Melissa a call at 347-927-2855.
You may also be interested in these mind-body approaches to fertility:
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- CAPPA Birth Doula
- CAPPA Childbirth Educator
- Bebo Mia Maternal Health Support
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Advocate (Nneka Hall)
- Preconception Health / Fertility (Nneka Hall)
- Adult/Infant CPR/First Aid (American Heart Association)
- Therapeutic and Specialty Massage (Kapi’olani Community College)
- Hawaiian Massage for Pregnancy (Hamoea Healing Arts)
- Ecstatic Birth Practitioner Training